Saturday, August 18, 2012

And so it begins

I started back at school this week.  Monday was our first institute day and Thursday was our first day with students.  I have been teaching now for 16 years and every year I am filled with anxiety as the new school year begins.  Thursday was filled with those feelings as well as fear, excitement, and exhaustion.  I am realizing, though, that this thing called a grace period does not exist anymore...at least at my school it doesn't.  Kids are coming in a lot more comfortable and chatting with each earlier.  Not cool.  Anyway, I have been so busy with beginning of the year activities, meetings, copying, technology issues, etc that when I get home, I am just done.  Where is the closest pillow?  I hope to share more ideas with you next week as my body will hopefully get used to this schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment