Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My First Anchor Charts

In 6th grade, we don't really use anchor charts...ever.  We just write notes on our white boards or project notes on an overhead or projector.  They are usually boring lists or definitions of words that do not stimulate or engage the students. 

Today, I decided to do things differently,  I was able to get an easel pad and I made anchor charts for my notes.  We covered What is Schema? and How to Make Predictions.  They were more visual because I added my own pictures as well as colors.  I drew boxes around important words and bolded the main topics.  It was actually kind of fun for me (although the students still had to take notes).

Here are my anchor charts.  I did get the ideas off of Pinterest.



















2 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about anchor charts in my 6th grade room. I have started using them this year though and LOVE them (mostly because, like you said, it is fun for me)! Thanks for this post and the ideas on schema.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina,

      Thank you for your comment. I am really going to try and stick with anchor charts. My only concern is that I teach 3 blocks. So, I have to do 3 separate charts. It is just a lot of charts. I don'tthink making one and then reusing it is very smart. I think making it right there with the kids is better teaching.

      Delete