Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Animoto for Educators - School Videos

At the beginning of the school year, instead of going through a syllabus on paper - I have created a video that gives my students an idea of what we will cover over the course of the year in Language Arts class.  I use Animoto to create my video.  You can view it here:  Beginning of Year Video.

If you like integrating technology - you might want to apply for an educator's subscription through Animoto.  This way you can make videos that are longer than 30 seconds.  You can also sign up your students and they can make videos of a longer length as well.  I did this with Greek Myths and the students loved it.  If you would like to see what we did on Animoto with Greek Myths just comment and I will get back to you.

I definitely prefer using Animoto over Movie Maker.  I find that Movie Maker freezes up and has glitches.  You should check it out for creating movies, book trailers, and video slideshows in the classroom.




No comments:

Post a Comment