Monday, July 9, 2012

Wreck This Journal

In my Pinterest searching, I came across this very cool writer's notebook called - Wreck This Journal.  You can find it here.  It seems like a very cool way to bring creativity in to my classroom.  I think the journal is geared to any and all writers.  However, it makes you think outside-of-the-box when it comes to writing.  For example, one page is dedicated to just scribbling.  One page tells you to pour water on it in the shower.  I guess the job is truly to wreck the journal.  But, I do think it has a lot of writing possibilities.  Have students do the strange yet clever journal topic.  (Maybe hold off on the shower prompt).  Students can reflect on how it felt to color outside the lines or do thumbprints on a whole page.  What was running through their minds as they did this?  I think this would make those students who are perfectionists or those who are shy really come out of their writing shell.  I plan to check it out and figure out more ways to incorporate it in to my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment